What is a standby home generator?
A standby home generator keeps your power on during an outage. It's installed outside your house (like an AC unit) and comes on automatically - whether you're home or away. All within seconds of a power outage.
Plus home generators run on propane or natural gas, so there's no refueling.
Why should I consider installing a standby generator at my home now?
- The electrical grid in the USA is currently over 50 years old, and is becoming more and more susceptible to power outages.
- Having a standby generator installed at your home will provide you with standby power during power outages.
- A loss of power can cause stress to your family members and your pets.
- During an emergency, it is important to stay in touch with local news and weather stations.
- Restoring power to your home as quickly as possible can keep food stocks and medicines fresh and usable.
I already have a portable generator. Why should I consider a permanent standby unit?
- When an emergency condition is present, the homeowner must prepare the portable generator for use, including placement of the generator outside (in the rain, ice or storm) near the transfer switch, hook the portable generator to the transfer switch, fuel the portable generator, lay out the extension cords to the refrigerator, freezer, lights or window/portable air conditioner (after window/portable air conditioner has been installed in a suitable place). At that point the transfer switch must be switched from the grid to the portable generator. Then the portable generator must be started. All before any power is generated for the home.
- Most homeowners with portable generators find the constant switching of one appliance to another appliance,then to lighting, and finally to window air conditioning bothersome and dangerous.
- 85% of portable generators 1 year or older will not start when an emergency occurs.
- Besides the cost of the portable generator, most homeowners will also need to purchase a window/portable air conditioner, transfer switch, heavy extension cords, gasoline cans, gasoline, and be willing to go outside at all hours of the day and night to fuel the portable generator.
- With a standby generator, you are required to do nothing to keep your power on. When the power from your electrical provider fails, your standby generator will automatically switch from your provider isolating your generator from the grid (in accordance to the law), automatically start and provide your home with electrical power all in less than 1 minute.
What can a standby generator power in my house?
- The right generator can power just about your whole house.
- By installing 15-25 kW generator, you can expect to power most HVAC units, refrigerators, freezers, lights, televisions, computers, and even electric stove tops.
Sign me up!
Just provide us with some contact information, and we will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation and estimate.